Check Your Tickets, Twice!
We want to see you, but don’t try to land at 88NV without a valid Burning Man ticket. No pilot or passenger will be permitted to enter Black Rock City without a valid paper Burning Man event ticket in hand, or a valid Will Call ticket at the Box Office. There are no event tickets for sale onsite.
No valid ticket, no entry, no exceptions. Black Rock City is literally in the middle of nowhere. Don’t come without a ticket!
How much does that thing weigh?
News Flash! You will not be able to fit everything you need for a week at Burning Man in a small plane. Prepare carefully! Make other arrangements for the delivery of your gear/art/water if it weighs more than a few pounds. Always remember: you pack it in and you pack it out. Leave no trace!
All Pilots Must Be Pre-Approved to Fly to BRC
We require all pilots who intend to land at 88NV to register and qualify in advance. The Pilot Advisory has everything you need to get legit. Is something weird going on? Report suspicious Air Carrier Services to us.
Burner Express Air
Burner Express Air (BxA) is a Burning Man initiative to lower the cost of air travel to the event, make flight bookings simpler, promote alternative transportation, and reduce traffic congestion on Highway 447.
Anyone who arrives prior to the official event opening must have a valid Work Access Pass (WAP) or staff credential to be permitted entry into BRC.
Passengers must be escorted at all times by their pilot or a representative from BxA until they are totally processed through Airport Gate. GA Pilots must complete “check in” on the GA Ramp prior to entering the event. Once all that’s out of the way, you will enter BRC in stages!
- Box Office: Tickets and Will Call
- Validate your Burning Man ticket or pick yours up from Will Call
- Pay a $60 Gate use fee; credit card preferred, cash accepted
- 88NV Volunteers – show us your Shiftboard shifts and we’ll waive the $60
- Customs Cabin: Info, Acculturation, and Volunteer Support
- Critical welcome info & advice for
SurvivingWinning Burning Man
- Answers to existential questions and a smattering of practical direction
- Volunteers check in and get support here
- Critical welcome info & advice for
- Black Rock City Census: The Story of Us
- BRC Census collects demographic data from a small percentage of randomly-selected participants — this could be your first chance to participate at Burning Man
- Gate Perimeter & Exodus: Validation at Last
- Have your ticket scanned so we can set you loose inside
- If it’s your first time here, announce your presence at the bell
- Learn the secrets of BRC from those in the know
- Welcome Home
Fun, adventure, friendship, and expediency are all reasons to consider flying into 88NV! If you want to team up with other burners who may fly into the event, check out Burning Man’s Rideshare. If you have concerns about an improper flight-sharing arrangement, tell us.
If you’re gutsy, some high-flying burners might want to share their fun with you. Skydivers and pilots love to fly, and sometimes they offer the gift of a sight-seeing flight in one of their airplanes. There is no guarantee of a ride in any aircraft at 88NV, ever. If you receive a gift from a pilot (or from any burner), please be gracious, and thank you, too!
At some point, we all gotta go.
If you’re leaving us via Burner Express Air, find charter flight information and assistance in our departures area. Look for signs and be sure to check in at least 60 minutes before your scheduled departure flight.
General Aviation pilots and their passengers may depart at any time but must check out of designated parking spaces on the GA Ramp before departure. Seriously, don’t leave without checking out of your parking space (or I’m telling mom) because a MOOP-free space at checkout is your responsibility and we keep track of these things!
In and Out Passes & Main Gate
If you need to leave BRC but intend to return, you must purchase an In and Out Pass ($20) from Gate staff before you exit the city gate. That “before” part is super important! Present your valid ticket stub at Airport Gate (during operational hours) or Main Gate (24/7) to purchase an In and Out Pass.