TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS AND FLYING AT BURNING MANCheck Your Air Carrier! Please make sure your Air Carrier is approved to fly to BRC. If your carrier is not definitely flying under contract with Burner Express Air, then they should be flying only you to the event and picking you up at the event. Please be sure your air carrier is flying under the rules listed at the top of the pilot advisory. For more information on flying with Burner Express Air, please see Arriving by Air. Check Your Tickets, Twice! Please make sure you have a valid Burning Man entry ticket before arriving at Burning Man. See this link for more about ticket validity. There are no tickets for sale at the gate and you will be required to leave immediately if you do not possess either a valid paper ticket or one waiting at the Box Office Will Call.
- OPTIONS FOR ARRIVING BY GROUND
- OPTIONS FOR ARRIVING BY AIR
- PROCEDURES FOR FLYING IN/OUT
- PREPARATION / SURVIVAL TIPS
- SCENIC FLIGHTS AROUND BURNING MAN
New for 2016 Early arrival on Burner Express Air BxA:The official start of the Event is 6 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 28, however, passengers on Burner Express Air may arrive earlier on Saturday August 27 without an Early Arrival Pass! Burner Express Air flights are also the only ones permitted to land in the evening. Other Air Carrier Flights Please check with your charter that the pilots and planes flying you to Black Rock City have been approved. Your pilots in turn should check the rules on this website, especially under the Pilot Advisory Rules. You have the option to hire a private charter to drop you off and pick you up, once, without using Burner Express Air provided the charter obeys the rules on this website. If you have doubts about any Air Carrier Services offering to fly to the Playa, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARRIVAL BY AIRArrival Times: 6:00 am Pacific Daylight Time to 6:00 pm PDT without explicit permission of the Airport management. Burner Express Air may make some night flights. Passengers are required to be escorted by their pilot or a representative from the charter company to the arrivals area for ticket processing and arrival into the event through the Airport Gate. Evening Burner Express Air passengers will be escorted to the Main Gate for ticket processing.
- Step 1: Validate your ticket at the Box Office and pay the $60 Airport Gate Use Fee. Credit cards and paper tickets are preferred and will expedite your progress, however, Will Call is available and you should have cash as a backup. Your hand will get a stamp.
- Step 2: Show your hand stamp at the Passport Office to have your name checked off the Flight Manifest. Your hand will receive a 2nd stamp.
- Step 3: Show your two stamps in the Customs Shack where you will receive your processing by the Department of Homeland Insecurity and be greeted. Then you can officially enter the Event where you are invited to ring the bell or roll in the playa dust!