NEIGHBORING AIRPORTS and SERVICES
- Winnemucca WMC
- http://www.airnav.com/airport/KWMC phone: 775-623-5091 ASOS: 775-625-2200
Approximately 60 miles East of Burning Man. Fuel (avgas & Jet A), showers, fresh well water, rental cars, friendly service, A&P, 7000 foot paved runway.
- Spanish Springs N86
phone: 775-772-8049 or 775-425-4285
Approximately 70 miles South of Burning Man. Very reasonably priced fuel, near Reno, courtesy car and very friendly service. Smooth but short dirt runway with obstacles. Definitely not for inexperienced pilots or aircraft that need lots of runway.
- Reno/Stead RTS formerly: 4SD
- http://www.airnav.com/airport/KRTS phone: 775-972-5540 ASOS:775-677-0589
Approximately 75 miles South of Burning Man. Fuel (avgas & Jet A), near Reno, Enterprise car rental, 9000 foot, paved runway.
- Reno International RNO
- http://www.airnav.com/airport/KRNO or http://www.renoairport.com
phone: 775-328-6400 ASOS: 775-324-6659
Approximately 82 miles South of Burning Man. Expensive fuel (avgas & Jet A), rides to local casinos, car rental, courtesy car. Atlantic Aviation and Million Air FBO’s are on the east side of the field.
- Susanville SVE
- http://www.airnav.com/airport/KSVE phone: 530-257-2030 ASOS: 530-257-0315
Approximately 72 miles South West of Burning Man. Fuel (avgas & Jet A), 4000 foot paved runway with obstacles nearby (power lines, mountains, etc…..).
- Derby (Lovelock) LOL
- http://www.airnav.com/airport/KLOL phone: 775-273-4922
Approximately 62 miles South East of Burning Man. Inexpensive self-service fuel ($5.10 as of July 2011), 5500 foot paved runway and not much else. Town of Lovelock is 10 miles away. Apparently the Cadillac Motel will come and pick you up and give you a ride into town if you’re staying there.
- Lakeview LKV
- http://www.airnav.com/airport/KLKV phone: 541-947-4222
Approximately 92 miles North West of Burning Man. Fuel, 5306 foot paved runway.
- Alturas AAT
- http://www.airnav.com/airport/KAAT phone: 530-233-5125 ASOS: 530-233-5251
Approximately 62 miles North West of Burning Man. Fuel (avgas & Jet A), 4300 foot paved runway, courtesy car, and friendly service too.
- Nervino O02
- http://www.airnav.com/airport/O02 phone: 530-832-6940
Approximately 79 miles south west of Burning Man. Fuel, 4700 foot paved runway.